Formed in 2011, RKA Construction, LLC is a custom home builder located in Memphis, Tennessee. Created out of a love for building and a desire to provide a better ownership experience, our focus is simple- provide superior quality, craftsmanship, and customer service in everything we do.

Let us know if we can help with your current construction or real estate needs. We are a licensed general contractor and provide real estate services through Marx-Bensdorf Realtors. We would love the opportunity to assist you!


Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bittersweet

It is with mixed emotions that I tell you that we are moving. Ryan and I are purchasing another house but this time for ourselves.  I love our house on Oakley in High Point. I loved it from the first time I walked up to it and pointed out the bad paint on the front porch. The first time we walked through it I looked at Ryan as we were standing in the kitchen and told him, Ryan I LOVE this house. We bought it and have lived here ever since. 


It has been a wonderful first house. Ryan and I have put a lot time and effort in to this house, but I knew that with Ryan always looking at houses it wouldn't be long before he found one he wanted to move to. I've been biding my time for about two years always coming up with something wrong with the houses he wants to move to. 


Well, I have finally agreed to move. I have to admit I have shed a few tears this past week but I am ready. We have a contract on a house and in our typical fashion it needs work. The house is in good shape but needs a new kitchen, new bathrooms, new paint through out, and an exterior face lift. 


Here are a few reasons why I have agreed to this move. I will get to pick out everything for this house and I mean everything. It has a better parking situation. The house we have now is fine if I didn't have a husband with a four wheeler, a hunting boat, tons of duck hunting stuff. Not to mention he's always e-mailing pics of Land Cruisers for sale that he wants to buy. I guess  I come by it naturally, as my dad has always been obsessed about parking. I am talking obsessed.... had to have a house where he could park four cars comfortably without anybody being blocked in and where his suburban with its huge antenna could fit. 


I am going to miss High Point Grocery, our small neighborhood grocery, since I run up there for stuff I forget all the time. I am going to miss Cheffie's and High Point Pizza the two restaurants that are in our neighborhood. Especially Cheffie's since I get it to go almost every Wednesday night when Ryan has class. I have so many friends in this neighborhood including my twin sister who I can walk to their houses. But we are really not moving that far away. It's still in East Memphis I mean it even has the same zip code. It takes about 5 minutes on average to get to this new house from my current house. 




Here is a plus; the new house is around the corner from Elvis's first home in Memphis. Before he bought Graceland he bought a house on Audubon Drive in Memphis (found the picture above on the internet but that is Elvis house). Elvis Presley Enterprises bought the house back a few years ago and converted it back to exactly what it looked like when Elvis lived there. Ryan's business partner, Chris Clark actually had the privilege of performing the restoration. I am a huge Elvis fan and get excited every time we drive by it! This new house is also going to cut my long 8-10 minute work commute to about 5-7 minutes. Which may not seem like a big deal but I am not a morning person so every little bit helps. 


Well, I better stop talking about it or I might get emotional again. 

1 comment: