Formed in 2011, RKA Construction, LLC is a custom home builder located in Memphis, Tennessee. Created out of a love for building and a desire to provide a better ownership experience, our focus is simple- provide superior quality, craftsmanship, and customer service in everything we do.

Let us know if we can help with your current construction or real estate needs. We are a licensed general contractor and provide real estate services through Marx-Bensdorf Realtors. We would love the opportunity to assist you!


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Our Master Bathroom

Now that you have seen the original bathroom in our house (check it out in my last post) and what style we were trying to match, here is a picture of our new master bathroom.
Do you think this bathroom could have been built at the same time as our original????

This bathroom is a really good size and there are often times I feel very spoiled for this to be my bathroom.....

I would like to say that it is not always this clean!

I already mentioned that black and white basket weave tile is my favorite, but I didn't want the bathrooms to have the same exact tile. We chose a black and white pinwheel tile on the floors, which we think turned out really well.

In the shower we used a great black and white check tile for the shower floor, then we used regular white subway tile for the walls and ceiling of the shower. We also have an accent border at eye level that matches the shower floor. The shower head is to the left of the door and we also have two shelves built into the wall on the right hand side where we keep all of our shower stuff. 

In the last house we renovated I chose a dark grout color, but in ours I chose a white tone.
I really like the look of both but I do think the dark grout would be easier to keep clean!


Here you can see our sinks and our water closet. My sink is the one on the right...it has more counter space and more storage underneath!!! These are custom made cabinets in a dark mocha color. We used carrerra marble countertops, which is another one of my personal favs!!


The light sconces, towel bar, paper holder, and towel ring are all from Pottery Barn's Sussex Line. You may notice on their website Pottery Barn shows the sconces pointing downward, but I liked the look of them pointing upwards so that is how I had the electricians hang them.

All of the hardware in this room is polished chrome. The sink, bathtub, and shower fixtures are from Home Depot.

The chandelier is a simple pink color with three lights. We bought this from Graham's Lighting in Memphis.

The curtains were made by my grandmother and me. I do not have a lot of sewing skills but she does and she was nice enough to basically make them while I watched. I wanted blinds/curtains that would open up all of the windows and let a lot of light in, so I went with this type of valance and a simple roll up shade that can be cut to size at any local hardware store, such as Home Depot or Lowes. 

Ryan built the bench seat you see under the towel bar and is a great place for extra storage. The cushion I had made from L & H Upholstery here in Memphis. If you live nearby you should definitely check them out.

We also used bead board in this room just like in the other bathroom to carry the design theme in both.

I hope I have covered everything, if I didn't mention something leave me a comment and I will try to answer your question. If I don't know the answer, I'll just ask Ryan, he usually knows all, (brownie points).

Totally off subject but here is a picture of me when I was taking pictures of the bathroom. We just purchased this camera, which is a Canon Rebel T3i, and I am slightly obsessed with it! I am definitely an ameture and don't know what half of the stuff does, but I have been playing around with it and am learning fast (you can see Stella's tail behind me, she follows me around at all times!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment